IOS Accessibility Issues
List of iOS accessibility issues
- Picker control (the control which is displayed when a <select> element is present on a web page, for example): focus does not return properly from picker control in web content
- Present in iOS 9.x, changed but not fixed in 10.1
- Question: does this also affect the use of the on-screen keyboard when the user enters data then presses Done?
- Bug 161118 – AX: VoiceOver on iOS ignores aria-checked on menuitemradio and menuitemcheckbox https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=161118
- AX: ARIA tree & treeitem roles & aria-expanded state not spoken to VoiceOver iOS 10
- iOS 10.0 broke support for links' use of aria-labelledby and aria-label, and it remains broken in 10.2. From 9/26/16 WebAIM post from Paul Adam found by Jon. Test file given is http://pauljadam.com/demos/linkpurpose.html. VO in 10.x announces links' inner text but fails to announce aria-labelledby or aria-label when present in these links, though it does announce aria-describedby correctly.
Safari related VoiceOver/iOS bugs should be logged on the Webkit bugzilla page. Bookmark this short URL: http://webkit.org/new-ax-bug
Here’s the list of all open WebKit AX bugs: https://bugs.webkit.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=625399&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Accessibility&product=WebKit