Known OS/Browser/AT Issues
When describing known issues, be sure to note the version of OS, browser and AT where the issue can be reproduced. It is not necessary for the original reporter to determine if the issue affects other versions of OS/Browser/AT, but notes can be added by others if the issue is found in other versions. Also, notes should be added if it is observed that the issue is not present in another version of OS/Browser/AT.
Windows and ...
- In IE 11, with JAWS version 18.0.2118, when a user tabs to a link element, aria-expanded is not announced. However, navigating in virtual cursor announces the aria-expanded value. Please note, this is fixed in the latest version of JAWS i.e., version n 18.0.2324.
- In IE 11, with JAWS version 18.0.2324, aria-expanded is not announced on button element both in pc as well as virtual cursor. This is announced in JAWS 17.0
- JAWS 16 had some problems announcing ARIA live region updates, problems that did not occur in v.15 and that were generally fixed in v.17.
Firefox (on Windows)
Chrome (on Windows)
MacOS and ...
- Firefox versions 43 through 46 had a severe problem that prevented TalkBack users from being able to activate links. For much of 2016 until v.47 fixed the problem, we deliberately downgraded Firefox to v.42 to avoid this problem.
- Firefox reports HTML and ARIA checkboxes as buttons
Android browser (not Chrome)
Windows 10 Phone
Bug Reporting to Vendors
- Apple: email email@example.com (native only)
Bookmark this short URL to log webView/Safari bugs for Apple: http://webkit.org/new-ax-bug
Here’s the list of all open WebKit AX bugs: https://bugs.webkit.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=625399&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Accessibility&product=WebKit
- Freedom Scientific: a few SSB employees have been granted access to their bug-tracking system, including (confirm) Jon, Bryan, Roy, possibly Doug.