Known OS/Browser/AT Issues
When describing known issues, be sure to note the version of OS, browser and AT where the issue can be reproduced. It is not necessary for the original reporter to determine if the issue affects other versions of OS/Browser/AT, but notes can be added by others if the issue is found in other versions. Also, notes should be added if it is observed that the issue is not present in another version of OS/Browser/AT.
Windows and ...
- In IE 11, with JAWS version 18.0.2118 and 18.0.2324, when a user tabs to a link element, aria-expanded value as collapsed or expanded is not announced. However, navigating in virtual cursor announces the aria-expanded value. Please note, this works fine in JAWS 17.0. This also affects buttons that have aria-expanded.
- The link results with 18.0.2324 may be inconsistent, as I (MikeS) have a case where 18.0.2324 fixed the problem with links that 18.0.2118 had, but Mansi said 18.0.2324 still exhibits the problem.
- JAWS 18 (tested 18.0.2118) now supports the new aria-current, where JAWS 17 did not.
- JAWS 18 (tested 18.0.2118) supports aria-posinset and aria-setsize for widgets like tabs and listboxes, where 17 did not.
- JAWS 18 (tested 18.0.2118 and 18.0.2324) - self referrential aria-labelledby attributes with multiple tokens (See Self Referential aria-labelledby) cause JAAWS to announce the self-refferential id token once, and all other tokens twice. Issue is not encountered with JAWS 17.
- JAWS 16 had some problems announcing ARIA live region updates, problems that did not occur in v.15 and that were generally fixed in v.17.
- NVDA 2016.4 does not yet support the new aria-current.
- NVDA 2016.4 double-read when a homegrown ARIA Listbox was opened after activating its triggering toggle button. It read: "Select a frequency. List. Once. 1 of 6. Select a frequency. List. Once. 1 of 6."
Firefox (on Windows)
Chrome (on Windows)
MacOS and ...
- Firefox versions 43 through 46 had a severe problem that prevented TalkBack users from being able to activate links. For much of 2016 until v.47 fixed the problem, we deliberately downgraded Firefox to v.42 to avoid this problem.
- Firefox reports HTML and ARIA checkboxes as buttons
Android browser (not Chrome)
Windows 10 Phone
Bug Reporting to Vendors
- Apple: email email@example.com (native only)
Bookmark this short URL to log webView/Safari bugs for Apple: http://webkit.org/new-ax-bug
Here’s the list of all open WebKit AX bugs: https://bugs.webkit.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=625399&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Accessibility&product=WebKit
- Freedom Scientific: a few SSB employees have been granted access to their bug-tracking system, including (confirm) Jon, Bryan, Roy, possibly Doug.