California Consumer Privacy Act Methods for Submitting Requests to Know and Requests to Delete
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have the right to request that we provide you with certain information about the personal information we collect, use, and/or disclose about you as well as the categories and specific pieces of information that we have collected about you in the past 12 months. You also have the right to request that we delete certain personal information that we have collected from you and maintained about you.
Only you (or an authorized agent) may make a request to access your personal information. You also may make a request on behalf of your minor child. Please note that these requests are subject to verification as described in more detail below.
Consumers in a household also may request to know or to delete household personal information by submitting a joint request. If all consumers in a household jointly request specific pieces of household personal information or request to delete household personal information, and we can individually verify all the members of the household, then we will respond to the request.
Please also note that we do not and will not sell your personal information.
As noted in our California Privacy Statement, the CCPA does not apply to certain information we collect such as certain personal information covered by or collected under industry-specific privacy laws including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994. There are additional exemptions that apply to certain personal information we collect from job applicants, employees, etc., and from transactions with other entities. Please see our California Privacy Statement for more information regarding your CCPA rights.
Please note that, as a financial institution, most of the information we collect from you is exempt from disclosure because it is covered by or collected under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, or other exemptions provided in the CCPA.
Information the CCPA prohibits us from providing to you or your agent
As required by the CCPA, we will not provide you with:
Information the CCPA does not require us to delete
- Specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of that personal information, your accounts and/or financial transactions with us or the security of our systems or networks; and
- Your Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, your account password, or security questions or answers.
As permitted by the CCPA, we are not required to comply with your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary for us and our service providers to maintain your personal information in order to:
Designated Methods for Submitting Requests to Know and/or Requests to Delete.
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of you based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
You may submit a Request to Know and a Request to Delete in the following ways:
- The interactive webform below. If you would like to submit both a Request to Know and a Request to Delete using the interactive webform, you will need to complete each separately.
- Through our toll-free number at 800.328.1935. When you call, kindly inform the call center agent that you would like to submit a Request to Know and/or a Request to Delete and the agent will explain the process to you.
Request to Delete or Know Personal Information
Note that there is certain information that we will not delete about you. Please see our California Privacy Statement for additional information.